A World Leader in Photo-Finish Cameras & Fully Automatic Race Timing Systems, FinishLynx fully automatic timing systems support a variety of sports at every level of competition. We know that each sport has a unique set of challenges. That’s why we’ve created different solutions for every application. And these timing systems can be customized to meet any budget level.
What is a Fully Automatic Timing System?
Fully Automatic Timing (FAT) is a popular type of sports timing that captures digital race results that are accurate to at least 1/100th of a second (0.01), but preferably 1/1000th of a second (0.001). Fully Automatic Timing systems require a start signal, running time, and capture device to be digitally synchronized to ensure accuracy. True FAT also requires the timing device be activated automatically by a start signal, rather than manually (e.g. as with a stopwatch). The finish time must also be captured electronically to remove any human error or delay. Due to such a high level of accuracy, Lynx technology can be used for a wide variety of sports, and there are packages available for application to any situation. An example of a fully automatic timing system for track and field can be seen to the right.
Fully Automatic Timing for Sports
Major markets for Lynx photo-finish technology include:
- Track & Field / Athletics
- Pari-Mutuel Industry (Thoroughbred & Greyhound racing)
- Cycling (Road Cycling, Velodrome, & BMX Racing)
- Regatta Sports (Rowing, Paddling, Dragon Boat, etc)
- Motorsports (Indy Car, Formula One, Motorcycle, Power Boat, NASCAR, etc.)
- Speed Skating (Long Track & Short Track)
- Skiing (and various other winter sports)
- View major sporting events that use FinishLynx timing systems